Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Low-Cal, Elegant Birthday Lunch

My future son-in-law made a delicious meal for my birthday over the weekend.  Kristina felt horrible about taking me to a buffet for Mother's Day, citing one of my past posts, too.  I explained to her that there were three events that weekend, and I should have chosen one of the events, preferably the one with her, to have my treats, and cut back on the other two events.  I hope she got it.

Anyway, I had small slices of skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, garlic smashed cauliflower, and a side of green salad.  We had the best chocolate mousse I ever had, and it was made out of avocado and dark chocolate as the main ingredients, and don't balk at the avocado.  You can't even taste it - it's a healthy thickening agent.  It was fantastic.  Overall, smaller portions of great food will leave you satisfied.  I loved it.

Now hubby is in the kitchen making an equally healthy meal. :)

Mousse recipe, from Giada De Laurentiis by way of Carlos Cabeleiro...

Ingredients
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
4 very ripe (8 ounce) avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup agave
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
Fresh raspberries, for garnish
Directions
Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

Place the melted chocolate, avocados, agave, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance). Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chocolate-avocado-mousse-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment