Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Monday, July 1, 2013

Weighing Every Day

It's detrimental to your psyche.  You step on the scale every day, and you gain one day and lose another.  Your body fluctuates on water weight, food intake, and don't forget if you haven't had any exercise.  I used to weigh every day, while I was on a million diets and totally obsessed with losing weight.  It was a bad thing.  All I did was gain.  Why?

Because when you see fluctuations every day, you get depressed, and it makes you emotionally eat or worse, go off your plan - whatever that may be, and it will be hard to jump back on the hamster wheel.

I weigh once a week on Wednesdays.  You all know that, but I sometimes weigh on Sunday or Monday, just so I know the weekend, when I tend to eat a little more, didn't ruin my week.  Then I know how hard I have to work to get to Wednesday.  It seems a little nuts, but it does work.  I've lost more so far than I ever have on a diet.  I have always gotten to like 12 or 15 pounds and then trailed off the diet.

Weighing once a week is the best.  However, giving it a mid-week check doesn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I like using my pants as a scale. They never lie. and remember muscle is heavier!

    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete