Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Family, Friends, and Fat

Even if some in your family or friends circle could stand to lose a few, some will still judge, worry, or talk to you about you being fat.  I can take most criticism now, because I know that people are looking out for me, but it's the mean-spirited way in which some people "tell" me how big I am.  I KNOW.  I look in the mirror every day.  I have arms that jiggle and a big booty.  I may not be happy with my weight, but I'm working on it.

Which means, step aside and let me work on it.  I've lost 25 pounds, and though it's not fast, it is going and not coming back.  That's a good thing.

Have you ever been criticized for your weight?  Of course you have - even if you're thin - because then people think you don't eat enough.  And they tell you.

I have a friend whose family has told her she looks older now that she's lost all her weight.  You can't win.  Hell, I would much rather look a little older and be thin and healthy.  That's fine with me.  But see, you can't do anything to please everyone, so make sure you lose weight anyway.  They're simply jealous.

I think that people that aren't perfect should not tell you how to "be" anything.  That would be everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Just believe in yourself! :)
    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete