Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Stress and Weight Gain

Stress causes weight gain.  When you are under stress, you don't eat properly to begin with.  I have a friend who watches her weight expertly, but when her husband was in the hospital, I saw her eat a 4 candy Whitman's Sampler - at 6 in the morning!  She was not paying attention, grabbing what was close, and just eating mindlessly.  We all do that from time to time.  Why?

When we are stressed, adrenalin is increased, which makes us ravenously hungry.  At first, it decreases appetite, but that doesn't last long.  How do you handle your stress?  If you don't, you'll be in a vicious cycle of eating because you are stressed and then feeling bad because you gained weight.  I know I do.

How to handle anxiety and stress:  yoga, meditation, music, and friends.  These are my top favorites.  Everyone says to do them, but not many do.  that's why we're all freaked out!  Our world is a pressure-cooker.  Anything can change at a moment's notice - whether in the world or your own family.  Stress is everywhere.  However, is you implement the above suggestions, you might just calm down and lose some weight.

For more info on stress and weight see the Mayo Clinic article at the link below.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stress/AN01128

And WebMD 
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/can-stress-cause-weight-gain

1 comment:

  1. I loose weight with stress because i don't eat! ;(

    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete