Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Small Goal Achieved!

Okay, so this was a small goal of mine, and it looks as though it has happened: to sit comfortably in a seat for a doctor's office, Target, or a restaurant.  Yesterday, I was waiting for medication at Target, and went to their chairs, as I had no other shopping to do.  I was comfortable in the usually dreaded experience of a public chair.

Being fat is no fun, and that's one of the reasons that I write this column: to remove some of the stigma of the average "fat" person.  On the way into Target, a little boy called me fat, and his mother looked humiliated.  I simply smiled.  Children have no filter, and it's true, I am fat.  One day, I won't be, but for now I am, and I must live with it.

And ... just when the little boy was getting to me, I went to one of those Draft Houses, and I usually don't fit comfortably in booths.  I not only fit, there was room to spare!  SO excited.  That made up for the comment.  I have to remember those little things.  People don't realize that I didn't want to be this way.  It wasn't my life's goal or anything.  It happened.  Now, I'll fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to make it through that experience. It shows growth and strength. Sometimes the world is a little harsh but smiling back at it can really make it all easier.

    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete