Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Friday, June 7, 2013

Meds and Motivation

I'm going through a medication change, which includes sleepy time medication, and I feel like a zombie!  Time to back off a bit, I think.  I want to be out there exercising, but my body feels like mud.  Like I'm trapped.  I'll update, but I won't go on about it.

Motivation:  Where do I get it?  I'm good at helping others and pumping them up, but why can't I do it for myself?  I do want to be stronger.  I want to be thinner, and I want to be healthy.  I think I need to work on a goal board with goals reached and reward on the other side, something tangible that I can see.  You know?  Like a dream board.

Well, it is, really.  And then there's Darlene in my ear, "Stop thinking, Veronica, and just walk."

She's right.

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of the Spoon Theory? I can totally understand where you are coming from (I blog about my challenges http://testimonyinlife.blogspot.com) My advice? It is always easier said than done! Don't beat yourself up, the board idea is a great one! We all have our good and bad days. Make sure you rest and take care of yourself firstly. I have a hard time working through the pain sometimes, it really helps me when there are people helping me. Invite a friend over to go for a short walk, or to spend some time outside with you? maybe? we're all different though - what works for me might not work for you. Just remember to surround yourself with positive and don't forget to smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta just do it! Don't have a saying or watch something--just do it! and "ill do it tomorrow!" means "I didn't doit today!" you gotta just do it! :) like nike
    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete