Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Eating out again...

Well, it is graduation time.  Since I had a gain last week, because of three Mother's Day events, and my lack of self-control, I wanted to be careful last night.  My sister ordered surf and turf.  My daughter ordered a fried seafood sampler, others ordered crab legs, scallops, and a huge hamburger.  I wanted it all...

What I did was pre-plan.  I ate a huge bowl of fruit before leaving for the graduation of my nephew, Jordan, and I was surprised that the event did not take very long.  I had a cereal bar if I needed it.  At dinner after the graduation, I ordered a shrimp cocktail and a drink.  That's it.  BUT, they were really large prawns, so it was enough.  I sat there thinking of the scale on Wednesday.  It's really a deterrent.

When I got home, I had some trail mix and water, and it was enough.

Congratulations to my nephew, Jordan Komorny, and I wish my new man good luck as he enters the Air Force.  Pictured below, with his amazing mom, Jennifer.


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! May I ask what kind of dieting are you doing? I was doing weight watchers but I noticed that the food was getting expensive and I couldn't keep up the healthy eating. I know a big excuse! I need some motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krystol!
    I am using the calorie and other things counter on Live Strong, and my doctor and I settled on 1350-1500 calories per day for me. I eat what I want, as long as I log it in, and just stay within that calorie count. I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, and healthy food. I cut out sugared drinks, no soda, and cut my portions in half. And I exercise. Once I started the exercise, it's so hard, that I don't want to ruin all that work with food. It's work, but it's worth it. Good Luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't of gotten fried stuff! next time i'll take your lead!
    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete