Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Y is for Younger

After four weeks of eating as clean as possible and exercising, I feel younger!  I feel more energetic, more rested, and generally happier.  I didn't expect these kind of results, to feel better when I'm still in pain from exercising, but I do.  I will have some bloodwork done again next week, and I wonder if there will be any difference from October.  Probably not in just this short time, but I am hopeful.

My daughter has gotten into working out now.  She's 23.  She doesn't want to end up with a weight problem either, in fact, she wants to be very strong.  Her Dad has had severe heart problems, and I have high blood pressure, so she is staying slim and working out.  She makes me feel younger, so I suppose that darn commercial is right: a body in motion stays in motion and a body at rest stays at rest.  I can tell you honestly, and it hurts me to say this: I feel better on the days I exercise, and it improves my mood ten-fold.

Ugh.  I like exercise.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck in reaching your goals. I need to get back into a fitness routine myself. I've been too sluggish lately. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Exercise really does give you energy...when I was really ill and could hardly move or get out of bed I physically couldn't exercise, but when I was just tired and didn't have energy to exercise, I did anyway and I got more energy and now that I have combined that with eating clean, I feel amazing and look it too! So happy for you, woohoo!

    Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel better if I get some sort of movement in. I just don't like doing classes, or walking just for the sake of walking. My latest exercise practice?? Pickleball! I had never heard of it until a few months ago. Now I am addicted and... it is GREAT exercise!
    Good luck! I need to keep checking your blog for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so young at heart so its great to have the matching energy!
    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete