Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Monday, April 8, 2013

G for Goals

Losing weight is a goal within itself.  The amount is a goal, (180), and the way in which you accomplish it can be a goal as well.  You can set small or large ones, but for me, I've found that concentrating on the little things adds up to the big event: stepping on that scale with your goal weight on it.  If you look at the whole picture all of the time, it can seems overwhelming, depresses you, and you end up eating!  It's a vicious cycle.

However, I have decided on some small goals.

1.  Work out five days a week.
2.  Eat as clean as possible.
3.  Weigh at the doctor's.
4.  Write down what I eat.
5.  Lose 10 pounds per month.

This seems simple enough.  The ten pounds might be high for now, but I weigh a lot, so more should come off in the beginning.  It will level off at some point.  For exercise, I will mainly be doing yoga, walking, and basketball.  There will be a few surprises along the way.  Join me on my venture!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals! Little things do add up!

    Stopping by from Blogging a to z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica, You can do it but it has taken me far longer than I have expected. The most I have ever lost was 75lbs but was still about half way to my goal and got side tracked. I think the biggest thing I have tried to grab a hold of is that it is a life style change that has to be made not another diet. Most helpful site for me has been George Stella site http://stellastyle.com/site/

    Remember you are uniquely beautiful no matter what weight you happen to be at. Your weight does not determine your value as a person.

    Margot at A Devotional Mosaic and Spark My Creativity


    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds simple enough, you say!? Well... simple sounding words can be the most tricky. I'm on that route myself, and hope to be nearing a turning point. I have that horrible dilemma of wanting to see positive change too quickly, and not just with losing weight. I do say God's teaching me hands on how to wait on his time, which they say is the perfect timing. Trusting in that.

    Spunky's Soldier, A-Z Challenge Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. You can do it. Hopping on by from the A to Z Challenge.
    http://www.rowenamayosullivan.com/p/a-z-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you, I know you will succeed.

    Yvonne.....A to Zing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Everyone for your encouragement! See you all on A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zumba is so fun! You would be surprised how many women go that are in the process of losing weight! Fun will keep you going. Plus making new friends.

    You can do it! (me too)

    Jana @ A Novel Reality

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful goals, you got this girl! I have lost almost 60lbs in the last couple of years...almost to my goal weight and loving all the changes I have accomplished...I'm a runner now, wow...never thought that would happen! Good luck and Blessings!

    Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops forgot to say I'm following you now sweetie! Follow back if you like!

      Delete
  9. I'm a new follower, catching up. I started on your A and I'm so impressed with what you're doing... and your goals. Don't forget to reward yourself. My daughter has lost more than 100 pounds. She set goals along the way and gave herself prizes when she reached them: one was a pretty purse. She bought it before she reached her goal but wouldn't allow herself to carry it until she'd reached the designated number. Another prize was a beautiful bedspread. It stayed in it's plastic wrap forever because she plateaued during that time... but finally!

    You're doing great! Keep on keeping on. You're a great inspiration to me who feels FEAR every time I think of trying to lose.

    ReplyDelete