Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Monday, April 1, 2013

Fat: The Dirty Word

It's not a four letter word, but it might as well be.  Being fat, I mean we might as well call it that, as you are thinking it, is the most difficult struggle I've had as an adult.  I wasn't always this big.  As you can see from a picture below, I was underweight as a kid.  As a teen, I fought weight, but I was mostly just curvy.  It was after I got married at 21, that I began to put on the pounds.  However, I stayed below 180 until I was put on some major weight-gaining medication.  I didn't know it at the time, but I found out 14 years later.

Too late now!  I've put a lot of food down this gullet, so it's not like it's all meds, but they haven't helped.  Now that I'm here, obese and unhappy, I wish only to live long enough to get it off.  Suddenly, I feel a surge to get it all off.  I even exercised seven days in a row this week.  I think I was in the Air Force the last time I did that - 25 years ago.

Anyone that doesn't think I don't want it all off is loony.  Who would want to be short of breath at the smallest exertion of exercise or movement?  Who wants people staring and saying mean things, and they do, believe me.  It's like they don't think I know I'm this big.  I got a mirror, yo!

Now, the challenge is upon me.  Remember, hubby said gym membership after 10 days of exercise.  He's about to lose the bet.  3 days left...  I can't wait to shed this body suit and see who's underneath.

5 comments:

  1. Found you via the A to Z Challenge, and so glad I did.

    Kudos to you! I am only trying to lose 40ish pounds (it doesn't FEEL like "only") and am still making excuses about getting to the gym, and I DO have a membership. My life is busy, and it's hard to make time, but the truth is that I'm the only one who can make it a priority. I just shoved some skinny girl off my mental pedestal and put you on it!
    I'd say good luck to you, but I know luck hasn't got a darn thing to do with it. I wish you the best, and I'll keep coming back to this until I'm off my lazy butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You're on the right track, and I appreciate the compliments. And it is a little bit of luck, but mostly sweat! lol

      Delete