Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Veggies and Fruit Made Easy

They don't have to be difficult.  They can be easily done in a steamer or simply sauteed in a tablespoon of Olive oil and your favorite seasonings.  My favorite combo at the moment?  Yellow squash, cut into strips or circles, portobello mushrooms, snap peas, and onions.  They are delicious and quick.  I should have put some tofu in and I would have had my protein!

Another great bowl of mine is a berry bowl.  Love them, and strawberries are in season now.  I like to put blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries together and just go for it.  No sugar, no whipped cream. You get used to not having the sugar.  It's delicious, and the antioxidants in the berries are priceless for your body.  You can also throw some yogurt on top.  Also, try a banana sandwich with a small amount of fat free mayonnaise on whole grain bread.  Easy Peasy.

Which, of course, brings us to price.  At Publix, our main grocery chain besides Walmart, the berries can be up to $5 dollars for a small pint or less.  At Aldi's, they are only around $1.39 a carton.  YUM!  However, if you have a Farmer's Market near you, the selection is better and you can find a wider variety of veggies as well.  Don't be afraid to go simple.  Just put them in a bowl and eat them for crying out loud.  This doesn't have to be complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment