Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day in America

What do we, as Americans, do for every holiday?  That's right, we stuff our faces, and St. Patrick's Day is no different - if you love corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and soda bread.  At least, those are the traditional dishes in my family.  Except St. Patrick's Day, this holiday of cheer, includes alcohol.  Now, I stopped drinking years ago, except for an occasional now and then, but today we will be going to a pub with some friends, and having dinner when we come back, too.

Now, pub atmospheres have a hold on me: the rich wood, eclectic fixtures, and furnishings that make you feel like you're in a living room, not a bar.  I got the bug for them in England, with my friends of today, and we used to go on "pub crawls" in the early days, but those days are over.  I've got to watch my portions and drink a lot of water.  We also plan a walk on the beach, because it will be just across the street!

I have my green to wear, I've got my hubby, and we plan to have a great holiday - you have one, too!

1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Kevin Patrick Hobbs

    ReplyDelete