Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Food Ads: Killing the Urge

You know, about dinnertime every night, the suggestive commercials on television turn to food.  A LOT of food:  pizza, fried chicken, burgers, pasta, and more.  Everything you could want is on the TV at that time of night.  Of course, all of it is to get you to get off the couch, lol, and go eat their fattening food instead of your own, or a competitor's menu.  Being a food addict, I am very swayed by advertising.

My body goes into a state of wanting: saliva starts, my belly growls, and I just know I'm hungry.  I probably shouldn't watch TV during that time of day.  Hubby and I are considering working out then, after work, and that would solve that.  You wouldn't think it wouldn't be that hard to lose weight, but it is.  People even struggle with a few pounds, and that blows my mind, because I have so much to lose.  But for them, it is just as hard as it is for me.  No one person is happy with everything they have, but as a friend of mine tells me all the time, "You have to dress and be happy with the package you've been given, and then the weight will fall."  So, I bought a new shirt.  :)

2 comments:

  1. DVR as a weight loss tool? I can't remember the last time I saw an advertisement. Although, I am guilty of watching Food Network while on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. I'm implementing it immediately! Thanks, TJ

    ReplyDelete