Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Monday, February 25, 2013

Stinkin' Thinkin'

I have a friend who has reminded me that I have a tendency to have the disease called "stinkin' thinkin.'"  It's where you talk down to yourself, think you'll never lose all the weight, believe the naysayers and those that are simply toxic to your efforts.  It's negative thinking.  It stinks.  Now, my friend loved to tell me all about changing my way of thinking by mothering myself a bit and doing some positive talk and affirmations.

I thought she was crazy.

She is, but in the good way. :)  Seriously, affirmations do work, and some positive meditation or goal-oriented daydreaming can do wonders for weight loss.  So does action.  She also said, "Move a muscle, change a thought."  We eat because we hate the way we feel, look, or whatever, but it usually involves emotions.  Talking yourself out of a binge or the wrong food is important to getting the weight off, and distractions like music, calling a friend, or even brushing your teeth will take your mind off your emotion, put you into action, and keep you from overeating.  I like doing things with my hands - writing, reading, painting, and other crafts.  They keep my mind off food and I focus on something productive.

I think my friend was right, again.  I started writing this to keep from going in the kitchen, and now I just want to sleep.  Thanks, Judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment