Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Death, God, Subway, and Aldi's

I lost my uncle today.  He lived a long life, but suffered from obesity and diabetes for many years.  Another one that has succumbed to illnesses of being overweight.  That's two in one week.  I think God is trying to tell me something.  It's really easy to "eat clean" when everyone around you is dropping like flies.  Don't worry about my uncle.  He's with his wife now, probably laughing and cooking for her - but it doesn't matter in heaven.  I hear you get a skinny body.  Ha!  I wish.  No, but seriously, he was ready to go, and he said he was talking to her just before he went in his sleep.  Peace.

So, with death on my mind, I went into Aldi's with a plan and a budget.  I was able to get all my snacks - yogurt, blueberries, avocados, apples, hummus, pita chips, and more, and I SAVED money.  Because I'm eating less, I still have almonds, strawberries, cantaloupe, and cranberries from last week's shopping, and guess what?  That stuff costs less than half of what chips and ice cream cost, which I didn't buy.

With the saved money, someone wanted KFC, but I suggested Subway.  I loved my 6 inch turkey with mustard!  

2 comments:

  1. I went to Aldi last night, inspired by your blog! I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Uncle, but I'm glad he's at peace and reunited with his wife.

    P.S. I sure hope we all get skinny bodies in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Victoria Elizabeth! How did you like the store? It's limited, but awesome. Thanks for commenting. ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete