Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pizza Attack!

I had a great need for a pizza today.  Okay, maybe not a need, but definitely a hankering.  I didn't want to sabotage all that I had done all week, and my groceries were limited - as tomorrow is our shopping day.  I also couldn't literally afford a pizza.  Hmm...  What to do?

Pita Pizza.  That's it.  I put whole wheat pitas on a cookie sheet, spooned a couple of tablespoons of heart healthy tomato sauce with portobello mushrooms on top, and capped it off with a couple of tablespoons of cheese.  On my man's, because he is such a meat-eater, I sauteed some onions, chopped ham lunch meat (70 calories), and two chopped brats.  I topped his with cheese as well.  He LOVED it. Although, I would use pineapple next time instead of the brats, and that would make a Hawaiian pizza! It would also save a lot of fat and calories.

Anyway, I loved my little cheese pizza, and with a salad, it was plenty.  I'll have to look up how many calories I saved...  BTW, I cooked it on 400 degrees for 8 minutes.  It could have used 10.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment