Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cookies: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Vegan?

Yes!  Still a bit fattening, but in moderation, they are much better than a store-bought cookie.  They didn't take long to cook, as they don't have to bake, and they are very rich with chocolate, enough to satisfy the worst sweet tooth.  I only needed to eat one to get my fix, and well ... we won't talk about how I can decimate Oreos.  I got this recipe off of Yummly, but I'll place it here as well.  Tomorrow, I'll make a cookie that Katie gave me the recipe for.  I can't wait.

2/3 cup maple syrup (real stuff)
1/4 cup of flax seed oil
5 Tbsp. of cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon

Boil these ingredients for 3 minutes, take off the heat, and then add:

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup of oats
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir well, drop by spoonful on to wax paper or a plate, and then refrigerate 30 minutes to set.

My new fav chocolate treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment