Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sugar and Chocolate = Mood Enhancement?

It's true.  Chocolate and sugar increase endorphins and give you a great feeling.  However, sugar gives you a bad crash, which eradicates its good qualities.  Besides, it's really poison, as I have written about before.  That didn't keep me from going to the peanut M&Ms today.  Again, I didn't buy them, but I'm having trouble saying no to things being brought into the house, particularly when I am in a sullen mood.  I want to reach for those things that make me feel better, and chocolate has always been a "go to" food for me.  I love it - all types and in many forms.  So, what do I do?

Well ... Katie is coming tomorrow to teach me how to make her great raw cookies, which we have to dehydrate, but are full of fruit and nuts.  What's that mean?  They will be good for me, give me natural sugar with a natural lift, as well as the protein in the nuts for clean energy.  I still have to eat them in moderation, but that's not the hard part.  I've battled and won the portion control.

I even have a surprise for Katie: she's bringing a recipe, but I looked up one with a cocoa base, fruit, and nuts - to suppress my chocolate cravings.  I hope she approves!  Tomorrow: recipes and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment