Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bacon and Cheetos

I fell off the wagon at lunch today.  Had a bacon sandwich and Cheetos.  Bad.  Bad.  Bad.  Why did I buy it?  I didn't, but that's no excuse for eating it.  However, I'm no angel (quiet peanut gallery!), and I've been blue lately.  And tired.  I let all that get to me, and I just ate what I wanted.  It tasted good ... till the heartburn hit.  I'm not liking that, but my body seems to be telling me what I should and shouldn't eat lately.  I think I cleaned my body of a lot of yuck, so when I put it back in, it's rejecting it.  

Back on the wagon tonight, I'm about to pull a lovely roast chicken out of the oven, and I'll whip up some brown rice and green beans to go with it.  That should be loads better.  I didn't salt anything, as a matter of fact - it's what I'm trying to cut out completely now.  I watched "Julie and Julia" today, not for the first time mind you, and was inspired to cook - really cook.  I used spices on the chicken that are not going to raise my blood pressure, and I won't add anything else except some pepper.  I'm not going to beat myself up about the lunch today.  Just do much better tomorrow.  Gotta go get the chicken out!

2 comments:

  1. It's soooooo difficult to not reward with food or use food as a mood-enhancer. I think I do it because it seemed like the only time our family was happy was when we were eating! Or maybe because some of the best times with people seem to be with food. hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Mindy! Using food as a mood enhancer has given me this body. We do surround every occasion with food. I've just got to be smart about it all. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete