Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Friday, July 20, 2012

Breaking Bad Habits - Sweet Tea

I'm a Southern girl.  My mouth waters at the thought of my grandmother's sweet and tart Arnold Palmers that she would make.  Nothing like it.  Oh, except I'm drinking 1,035 calories a day!  I went off Diet Coke last year, and that was good.  It really cleaned out some water weight.  What was my next choice of beverage?  Tea.  At least I make the tea, and it's full of water.

I realized that a few changes were in order after logging in the sweet tea on Jillian Michaels site.  It AMAZED me how vast the calorie difference is between sweet and non-sweet - that you make from scratch.  There are 135 calories per glass of sweet compared to 3 - yeah, 3 calories of non-sweet.  I'm going to replace the sugar with some fresh juice, mint, and truvia.  Not all at once, of course.

I'm also going to venture outside Lipton again, and since I got an awesome tea maker recently, it made today's tea making easy.  I need variety in my tea, and I like it both hot and cold.  It hasn't been hard today so far, I've made the switch, and saved over 1,000 calories for the DAY.  That's extremely significant.  Can't wait to see what I'll change tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment